Warm up with us this weekend! Father Matthew serves Divine Liturgy at 10:00 a.m. this Sunday, January 26, 2020, at Galbreath Chapel, Athens, OH. Head to the chapel on the main campus green, reading of the hours begins at 9:40 a.m.
Here is the tentative schedule:
November 10, 17 (Fr. Matthew Moriak serving), 24
December 8, 15 (Fr. Matthew Moriak serving)
January 19, 26
February 2, 9, 16, 23
March 1, 22, 29
April 5, 12, 19, 26
Hope to see you soon!
Hope to see you at the chapel this Sunday when we bless grapes (Dormition), herbs and flowers (Transfiguration).
9:40 a.m. Hours of Prayer
9:55 a.m. Blessing of fruits, herbs, and flowers
10:00 a.m. Divine Liturgy followed by coffee social
All at Galbreath Chapel on the OU campus.
Christ is Risen!
Summer has arrived, and Galbreath Chapel is the locale for Divine Liturgy in Southeast Ohio. All services start at 10:00 AM, with hours beginning at 9:40 AM. metered parking on Athens streets are free on Sundays, so feel free to join us!
Sunday, June 9, 2019
Sunday, July 7, 2019
The OU OCF Student Organization is collecting donations for the Athens County Food Pantry. If anyone in the parish would like to donate, please bring donations to the service this Sunday. Here are ideas for donations:
- Peanut Butter (or other nut butters)
- Cereal (whole grain, low sugar preferred)
- Granola Bars
- Canned Fruit (preferably in juice and not syrup)
- Canned Vegetables (low sodium preferred)
- Condensed Soups (low sodium preferred)
- Chicken, Beef or Vegetable Stocks or Broths
- Pasta Noodles (whole grains preferred)
- Canned Pasta / Tomato Sauce
- Canned or Boxed Meals (Chili, Beef Stew, Chicken & Dumplings, etc.)
- Boxed Side Dishes (Macaroni and Cheese, Stuffing, Powdered Potatoes, etc.)
- Canned Tuna (in water, preferred), Canned Chicken, Canned Pork, Canned Salmon
- Canned Pasta (heat and serve pasta with sauce)
- Canned Beans (Pork & Beans, Kidney Beans, Black Beans, etc.)
- Dried Beans, Rice, Quinoa or other grains
- Dried Fruit (Raisins, Prunes, etc.)
- Shelf Stable Milk or Milk Substitutes
Note: Canned goods with pop-top lids are preferable as they are easy to open. Also, please avoid foods packaged in glass when possible to avoid breakage during handling.
Join our Typika services all month until Pascha. Sundays 10 a.m. @ Galbreath Chapel, Ohio University. Parking is 🆓 on Sunday mornings!
Please join us on Wednesday, March 27, 2019, for Presanctified Liturgy served by Fr. Nick Wyslutsky from St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Mogadore, Ohio. Private confession opportunity starts at 5:15 p.m. and liturgy at 6:00 p.m. at Galbreath Chapel, Athens.
Those taking communion should fast after lunchtime.
Metered parking is available and free after 6:00 p.m. (check individual meter for confirmation).